Until 1.5.2019 one can still register for the workshop of SISA 2019 (Swiss International Summer School for Alpine Archaeology)!
The event is organized by the Universities of Zurich and Bern and in cooperation with the Archaeological Heritage Service of the Canton of Valais and will be held this year in the beautiful Swiss high alpine valley Binntal (https://www.landschaftspark-binntal.ch/en/).
Information can be found in the attachment, at http://sisa.archaeological.science/index.php/program, as well as here:
• Arrival of participants and lectures
• Lectures on geology, vegetation development and alpine economy today, settlement history, raw material use and alpine economy in (pre)historical times as well as prospection methods.
• Visit to the regional museum in Binn with archaeological, ethnographic and mineralogical collections.
• Aperitif + dinner.
• Excursions to ore deposits and smelting sites as well as deserted alpine pastures in the Binntal Valley.
• Departure of participants
Registration at: http://sisa.archaeological.science/index.php/registration/
• Participation fee: 200 CHF
• Accommodation and dinner are covered
• 3 ECTS points can be earned